After you apply your primer, foundation and compact, eye shadows and lipsticks, together with the blush, form a major glam-trio for any make-up regime. So, the real trick is to find out how to match the eye make-up with the lip coloring scheme. To start with the cardinal rule is to finish doing your lips first, then applying the blush and finally venturing on the vision spot.. the eyes!
STEPS TO AN EFFECTIVE EYE MAKE UP :
1. Clean and apply primer and concealer: Just clean the eye area to get rid of dirt and/ or leftover make-up. Then apply a primer on eyelids and a concealer in the under eye area to conceal dark spots. Spread with the tip of the fingers till it merges into the skin. Then gently dab the entire eye area with a light powder.
2. Apply eye shadow: Applying eye shadow is a 3-step strategy; viz.
On your eyelid from the eye lashes to the crease (the slight dip of your eye socket below the brow bone), apply a medium color/ shade; e.g. pink, light brown or peach.
On the brow bone use a light color; e.g. pearly, off white, light golden, etc
Finally reach out to the crease line and apply a dark shade here taking care that the shade matches with the color on eye lids and the brow bone.
3. Blend the colors: You cannot have three horizontal flowing shades. These should merge beautifully to give the right effect. Gently, blend with the tip of the finger or a fluffy brush.
4. Eyeliner: The next step is to apply eye liner of the required thickness.
5. Curl lashes: Using a curler, the lashes are to be curled upwards by clasping them for few seconds.
6. Apply mascara: First apply the mascara from the base of the upper eye lashes, stroking upwards and outwards. Apply another coating before the first coat dries up. And here you go!
EYE SHADOW IDEAS; HOW TO MAKE AND BLEND EYE SHADOWS:
1. The first step is to highlight the inner corner of the eye, the centre of the eyelid and the outer corner of the brow bone area with a lighter and brighter shade.
2. Adding dark shade to the corners, makes the eyes look evenly shaped.
3. The cat eye look- Here the outer side of the lid is colored in a dark shade and is pointed up at the edge towards the brow bone. This goes with almost all kinds of eyes but is essentially good in balancing eyes drooping on the outer corners.
4. If the eyes are too protruding, one trick is to apply a very dark shade on the crease line
5. If eyes be the highlight spot in your make-up scheme, apply a dark shade on the entire eyelid.
6. For the blending process, fingers are best when using cream and gel based products. For powdery ones, brushes are the best.
7. For blending the crease line shade with the brow bone shade and the eyelid shade, move your brush in circles and blend from the outer end. Once you have reached half way, use back and forth strokes to get a uniform blend and that smear free impeccable look!
HOW TO PUT ON A LIPSTICK:
There are 3 basic steps to get that bee-stung full-lipped version of yours:
Ø Apply lip balm and lip base: this gives a smooth finish to the lips, smoothens lines and crevices.
Ø Lip liner: Contour out the lip line with a liner matching your lip color. The liner should not be very dark in shade in comparison to the lipstick shade. If your lips are thin, apply the liner parallel to the lip line just a millimeter or two above it.
Ø Apply lipstick: either with a brush or directly from the stick starting from the centre of the upper lip and going outward and filling the outline made by the liner. Blot the excess color by pressing your lips against a soft tissue. Dab with some translucent powder and apply another coat. The bee-stung full-lipped lady is ready!
BEST NUDE LIPSTICKS:
Nudes and dudes may have received the pairing from this natural look of the nude lipstick being actively sported by bombshells like Jennifer Lopez and Angelina Jolie. The nude look lipstick is like wearing your own natural lips without any color! The best nude shades vary from brand to brand and your own lip color.
· For fair skin, Dolce & Gabbana classic cream nude lipstick can pamper your lips and complement them. For those with rosy tinted lips, the perfect nude shade will be Nars lipstick in Dolce Vita.
· If you have a medium skin tone, the beige, earthy shade can give the perfect look to the lips, like the Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Heaping Hazelnutor Burberry’s Nude Rose no. 25.
· If however, your skin tone is dark, the best nude shade is the chocolaty brown Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani in 106 or Dior’s rosy brown nude lipstick.
RIHANNA RED LIPSTICK:
If you really want to “talk that talk” make your lips do all that talking with Rihanna’s shade of red lipstick! Her riot in cherry red, talks it all. Her VIVA GLAM collection can be proud to get their shade in limelight by Rihanna’s lips.
Pink is one of the basic lip shades and so, it is a must have in the make-up kitty. But the choice of the perfect pink is a challenge for many a make-up buff!
If your skin tone is pale or fair, the peachy baby pinks, petal pinks, and rosy tinted pinks complement your complexion. Maybelline’s pink freeze, NYX Paris are the shades to go for.
The medium skin tone can flirt with almost all shades of pink. The brown and caramel tints, nude pinks or even a bright shade of pink can do wonders. Only the bluish, purplish tinges should be avoided. Lancome’s pink preview, MAC Lipstick in Candy Yum-Yum come in this category.
If your skin tone is dark, the purplish, bluish and fuchsia shades of pink gel so well on your lips. Maybelline’s Fuchsia Fever, MAC’s Girl About Town are the ones tailor-made for you!
RED APPLE LIPSTICK:
What if the sparkling lip color you are sporting is a slow poison for you with every sip of the drink you gulp down, every morsel of food you take? What if your partner’s life is also jeopardized with every smooch? The answer is a big “NO” to the lipsticks with toxins. Almost all lipsticks, unless specifically specified, have harmful chemicals like lead, parabens, gluten, harsh chemicals or GMO’s; not to mention animal bits! The USP of Red Apple brand is its range of eco friendly and natural lipsticks without the use of harmful chemicals and animal bits! The ingredients are safe and hand-picked. This range of lipsticks from Red Apple uses a silky base which spread smoothly. There is a riot of colors to choose from. Vitamin E additions help heal chapped and cracked lips in about a week’s time. What’s more the shipping is fast and the products come with a 6months’ money back guarantee! So, it’s time you did it.. explored the wide variety of hues and to date your lips!
So, ladies, go match your eye shadows and lipsticks by highlighting one of them and underplaying the other. Enjoy and bask in the glory of the two focal points of beauty.. the lip and the eyes!